Philips Digital Airfryer Review
If you want to be able to enjoy your favorite fried foods with less fat, then the Philips Digital Airfryer might be the solution you’ve been seeking. It offers some high-tech options that make it a good choice for anybody who cares about eating healthy food.
The listed capacity of the Philips Digital Airfryer is 1.8 pounds, which is about the size of a single, large bag of frozen French fries. Using the racks to expand it, it is possible to cook six or seven pieces of chicken at a time. However, if you cook for large groups of people regularly, you might benefit from a larger model.
Like all airfryers, the Philips Digital Airfryer uses a convection system to cook food evenly and rapidly. In most cases, you should plan on reducing the cooking time based on what’s listed on the package. For example, French fries may take as little as seven or eight minutes, not the 15 listed on the package instructions.
In addition to the patented Starfish basket and racks, the Philips Digital Airfryer comes with a free recipe booklet, including some recipes personally created and tested by celebrity chef Gordon Ramsey.
Other Features and Considerations
The Philips Digital Airfryer has some nice features and benefits that you should know about:
- It cooks food with as much as 75% less fat than traditional deep frying. You can use a mister or brush food lightly with oil before cooking, or cook it without oil.
- Clean-up is quick and easy – simply remove the cooking basket and/or racks and clean them.
- Digital temperature controls make it easy to get exactly the temperature you want at all times.
- Because the Philips Digital Airfryer cooks without oil, you cannot use it for items that are simply coated in flour. However, you can use it with wet batter.
- Works for a wide variety of foods, including French fries, onion rings, fried chicken… even soufflés.
This is a versatile product that allows you and your family to enjoy your favorite foods without worrying about adding fat and cholesterol to your diet.
If you want a quick and easy way to enjoy traditional fried foods without risking your health, the Philips Digital Airfryer is a good choice. Another similar product to check out, particularly if you’d like the versatility of being able to set a timer to cook your food, is the Gourmia GTA2800 Wi-Fi. It has many of the same features with the added convenience of a free Wi-Fi app.