Big Boss 1300-Watt Oil-less Fryer: Cooking for a Crowd – without Fat
When it comes to Oil-less fryers, there’s a reason that the Big Boss 1300-Watt Oil-Less Fryer is still popular, despite having to compete with newer models. (This particular fryer has been on the market since March of 2012.) The reliability and capacity of this model make it a perennial favorite for people who want a low-fat cooking option.
How the Big Boss 1300-Watt Oil-Less Fryer Works
The Big Boss 1300-Watt Oil-Less Fryer uses triple cooking action to cook your favorite foods as much as three times faster than a traditional oven. It combines halogen, convection, and infrared heat to cook foods quickly and evenly for perfect results.
Like all oil-less fryers, the Big Boss 1300-Watt Oil-Less Fryer is intended to create a facsimile of the flavor and texture of fried food without added fat and calories.
Big Boss 1300-Watt Oil-Less Fryer Features
As you might expect, the Big Boss 1300-Watt Oil-Less Fryer has some features that make it unique:
- Lightweight construction (the unit weighs less than 15 pounds) makes this oil-less fryer easy to move around when needed.
- Triple cooking action ensures rapid, even cooking.
- Includes two trays to allow you to cook more than one food at a time.
- Using the included extension ring, the 16-quart capacity is large enough to cook a large meal – even roast a turkey!
- Unit comes apart for easy cleaning.
The Big Boss 1300-Watt Oil-Less Fryer doesn’t have as many bells and whistles as some of the newer models on the market, but it has the same quality and versatility as other Big Boss products, including their Halogen Convection Oven.
Pros and Cons of the Big Boss 1300-Watt Oil-Less Fryer
Is the Big Boss 1300-Watt Oil-Less Fryer right for you? The best way to find out is to look at some of the pros and cons of this model to determine whether it suits your particular needs.
Let’s start with the pros:
- 16-quart capacity makes this one of the largest units on the market. By using the included extender ring, you can easily make the Big Boss 1300-Watt Oil-Less Fryer large enough to cook a small turkey.
- Double racks allow you to cook more than one item at a time, something many other oil-less fryers can’t do.
- Many units on the market use only convection heating, but the Big Boss 1300-Watt Oil-Less Fryer combines convection, halogen, and infrared cooking for incredibly fast and even results, every time.
- This unit is significantly lighter than other options on the market.
- Clean-up is easy and quick as you can separate each piece for washing.
Now let’s look at some of the cons:
- Unlike some of the newer models, this unit does not have a lot of bells and whistles when it comes to pre-set features and programming.
- If you don’t add a little bit of oil to the food you cook in this model, you may find that it delivers food that tastes more grilled than fried.
The primary benefit of getting the Big Boss 1300-Watt Oil-Less Fryer is its size and effectiveness. It can cook large meals very quickly if you use the extension ring, making it a convenient choice for families with working parents.
The Bottom Line
If you want an option to cook traditional fried foods quickly and without oil, the Big Boss 1300-Watt Oil-Less Fryer is a good choice. However, if you want digital options with a similar capacity, you may want to consider the Gourmia GTA2800 WiFi Air Fryer as an alternative.